TANZŌ is a first of its kind social marketplace for handmade goods, where crafters are protected and craftsmanship is guaranteed. TANZŌ’s distributed ledger technology ensures transparency within the platform, making it as open and as safe as possible for buyers and sellers.
TANZŌ’s main goal is to become a synchronized social platform, based on a completely decentralized trust system, which ensures that all parties involved in any given transaction are equally protected.
The global market for handmade goods has tripled since 2008 and is currently becoming a $100 billion industry. In 2016, India alone exported $5.4 billion in handmade goods, a 15% increase over the previous year. During the same period, both China and Southeast Asia generated over $25 billion.
The total size of the US crafts industry is now $43.9 billion, according to new research from the Association for Creative Industries (AFCI). With continuously rising demand, the industry projects that by 2020 the global handmade market will become a $150 billion industry.
Issues for Crafters & Buyers
- Lack of international marketing knowledge
- Lack of buyer confidence (crafters usually aren’t identified)
- Lack of direct communication with potential buyers
- Inability to present their products in fair competition
- Difficulty directing traffic to their product listings
- Barriers to proper representation of themselves and their products
- Fear of dishonest buyers
- Difficulty verifying that a crafter is who he/she claims to be
- Difficulty verifying that an item is truly handmade by the crafter
- Difficulty verifying that a crafter isn’t exploiting the marketplace by passing off counterfeit goods as authentic
- Difficulty verifying that a crafter isn’t selling mass-produced goods for profiteering
- Lack of reliable reviews
TANZŌ Platform Advantages
- Comprehensive, easy-to-use service
- Low fees Low transaction costs Payment with popular cryptocurrencies (ETH, BTC)
- Transparent and decentralized bonus and reward system
- Proof of product authenticity - Blockchain verified proof of identity
- Customer communication tools Detailed sales analysis
- Reliable reviews, incentivized by the reward system
- TZO token payments for platform services at a special rate
The Product: TANZŌ Platform
Most e-commerce platforms aren’t well suited for true crafters who want to promote their craft or wish to sell their uniquely designed products at fair prices. Specifically, crafters are forced to compete directly with wholesale vendors and traders who often sell counterfeit or mass-produced goods on the very same platform and at much lower prices.
Sometimes it becomes difficult to even spot the authentic handmade items amidst the volumes of low quality knockoffs that clutter the search results.
TANZŌ’s blockchain-based identity verification process ensures that only true crafters will be able to sell their handmade items on the platform. It is also a guarantee to potential buyers that all goods are truly handmade by the actual crafter who sells them.
Items will be priced in fiat currencies for customers who may not be familiar with comparable cryptocurrency values. However, TANZŌ will incentivize users to use TZO tokens as their default currency for transactions by lowering or completely removing withdrawal fees and by giving out bonus TZO tokens as rewards for special achievements.
TANZŌ for Buyers
TANZŌ uses geolocation and timestamp functionality, in combination with blockchain technology, to verify the identity and authenticity of each new crafter, as well as each new item.
TANZŌ’s smart contract system is responsible for registering crafters and their products on the blockchain upon meeting the predefined conditions (verified profile, submitted product information, validated rates, payment provided before the product is shipped, etc.) Each product purchase is registered on the blockchain as a transaction.
TANZŌ Platform for Crafters
TANZŌ offers a complete, turnkey e-commerce platform that allows crafters to easily set up their own digital storefront. The solution encourages crafters to list their products on TANZŌ effortlessly.
Crafters will enjoy very low transaction fees when their products are sold via the TANZŌ marketplace.